Royal Albert Hall
The Columbia Hotel is located just opposite Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. A short 20-minute walk through the park will take you to the Royal Albert Hall. The world famous concert hall was opened by Queen Victoria in 1871 and is one of the UK’s most treasured and distinctive buildings.
Things to do in and around the Royal Albert Hall:
- Admire the Grade I listed building and its 5200 square foot mosaic frieze that depicts the advancement of Arts and Sciences of all nations.
- Visit the Royal Albert Memorial, situated just across the road from the Royal Albert Hall.
- Experience afternoon tea at The Orangery or the Kensington Palace Pavilion.
- Visit the National History Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum and the Science Museum which are all just a short walk away.
- Take a guided tour of Kensington Palace – home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Our team would be more than happy to help you with directions to these or any other location. Please just ask for assistance when you are at the hotel.
See what our guests have to say:
“This is an excellent value hotel with the bonus of being opposite the parks for events there and a pleasant walk across the park to the Royal Albert Hall.”